Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Blessing #17

This beautiful quilt square came from a family in Colorado who found our blog while surfing the internet. I'm very grateful for the new friends I am meeting on this adoption journey...thanks for participating in this endeavor with us! Here is the accompanying note:

"Dear Sophia:

This blessing comes all the way from Colorado! We have beautiful mountains and wildlife here that I hope someday you will be able to see. I hope as you grow older you will learn to appreciate nature and all the beauty God has gifted to us

I chose this quilt piece especially for you. If you look close, you will see many nursery rhymes depicted. There is The Cat and the Fiddle, Little Boy Blue, The Old Woman in a Shoe, Mother Goose, Humpty Dumpty, Hey Diddle Diddle, Jack and Jill and Rock a Bye Baby.

Nursery rhymes are fun because they help us to imagine and dream. They provoke creativity and teach us to have fun and enjoy life, and to always be a child at heart. I hope as you spend time reading with your parents, you will always treasure that special time with them.

Jodi, Alan and Leah
COLORADO"

No comments:

Post a Comment