Saturday, May 30, 2009

Blessing #25

The following fabric squares were sent all the way from Santiago, Chile, and were designed by dear Chilean friends of ours, July and Tito. I will translate what they say below each one.

On this square is a photo of the national flower of Chile, the copihue. On it July writes...

"For you this beautiful promise: Then he taught me and said to me, 'Let your heart hold fast my words; keep my commandments and live.' Proverbs 4:4

With love, Tito, July and children"

On this square is the Chilean coat of arms. On the coat of arms it says, "By Reason or Strength" which is part of the Chilean national anthem, as well. On this square July wrote the words from Psalm 4:8:

"In peace I will both lie down and sleep, for You alone, O LORD, make me to dwell in safety."

These are beautiful reminders of my childhood in Chile. One day we hope to take Sophia to visit!

No comments:

Post a Comment